Rev. Dr. Matthew Richard has been the pastor of St. Paul's Lutheran Church of Minot, North Dakota, since 2018. He has previous ministry experience in the following churches: Pastor in Gwinner, North Dakota; Senior Pastor in Sidney, Montana; Associate Pastor in Williston, North Dakota; and an Associate Pastor in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
He received his undergraduate degree in Finance and Economics from Minot State University in North Dakota. After a short career working as an Investment Representative, he obtained his Master Divinity from Lutheran Brethren Seminary of Fergus Falls, Minnesota, and was ordained by the CLBA. Approximately 10 years later, in late 2013, he colloquized into the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. Furthermore, in 2013 he obtained a Doctor of Ministry Degree from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis MO. His doctor of ministry thesis was on exploring the journey of American Evangelicals into Confessional Lutheran thought.
Pastor Richard finds great joy in speaking and writing. You will see many of his articles and video teachings on various Lutheran Blogs and Journals. You can also hear him on the radio and internet podcasts, speaking on a variety of topics. And his most recent book from Concordia Publishing House, "Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up? 12 False Christs," can be found at CPH.org or Amazon.com.
Pastor Richard is married to Serenity and they have three children. He enjoys fishing, pheasant hunting, carpentry work, watching movies, writing, golfing, spending time with his family, and a good book with a warm latte or a rye whiskey.
Contact Pastor Richard at:
Facebook: CLICK HERE
Twitter: CLICK HERE
About the Blog
PM Notes is a blog and online resource from the desk of Pastor Matt Richard. Its current readership is around 15,000 pageviews per month. It is a catch-all page for sermons, articles, and notes.
The blog originally began as a result of weekly devotional thoughts, called PM Notes that were sent out to parishioners through email. After the challenges of keeping email addresses up-to-date, the complications of spam filters, and the plethora of devotions, it was decided to compile all the material into a centralized location. Through time, the blog developed into a catch-all website. That is to say; the blog has expanded to include archive pages that host several hundred articles, teaching sheets, vblogs, and other various resources, as well as a podcast archive with interviews and sermons.
- Confessional Lutheran
- Martin Luther (16th Century Reformer)
- Martin Chemnitz (16th Century Reformer)
- C.F.W. Walther (19th Century Confessional Lutheran)
- Francis Shaeffer (Reformed Apologist)
- Gerhard Forde (Lutheran Theologian & Author)
- Brennan Manning (Former Franciscan Priest & Author)
- Norman Nagel (Lutheran Theologian & Professor)
- Gene Edward Veith (Confessional Lutheran & Author)
- Tom Baker (Confessional Lutheran & Host of Law & Gospel)
- Rod Rosenbladt (Lutheran Theologian & Host of WHI)
- Michael Horton (Reformed Theologian & Host of WHI)
- William Willimon (Bishop Of The United Methodist Church)
- John Kleinig (Lutheran Theologian & Author)
- Robert Kolb (Lutheran Theologian & Author)
- Lutheran Brethren Seminary; Fergus Falls, MN (2001-2004)
- Concordia Seminary: St. Louis, MO (2011-2013)
- Concordia Theological Seminary: Fort Wayne, IN (2013)